Welcome to www.RichardVannoy.info
Electronics, Programming and Robotics for Students
Sumo Robot Contest
ITT Technical Institute
9680 Granite Ridge Drive, San Diego, CA 92123
Saturday, 2 June 2012
This page is here to support students and hobyists in preparing for sumo robotics events.
The basic size and weight limits are:
Weight Limit: 500 Grams (1.10231 lbs.)
Length and Width Limit: 10cm x 10cm (3.937 in. x 3.937 in.)
Height Limit: None
Ring Diameter: 77 cm (30.3 in.)
Note: Paragraph numbers in brackets [ ] refer to that rule number in David Cook's Rules.
- All ITT Technical Institute students, staff, faculty or alumni are eligible.
- For this contest, members of the Robotics Society of Southern California (RSSC) and their sister club, the Riverside Robotics Society (RRS) are invited to participate.
- [4.3] There will be no entry fee, however entrants must register before midnight, 20 May, 2012 to be eligible for trophies or certificates. Unregistered robots may compete, but will not be counted in scores.
- Register by following the instructions below.
- [7.A1.] The 77 cm Ring size will be used.
To register for this contest, forward the information below to the Contest Coordinator (RVannoy@itt-tech.edu)
- Team Name
- Team Members Names and email addresses.
- Robot's Name
- Programming Language (Basic, C, Assembly, etc.)
- Microcontroller (Chip used, like PICF188680, Motorola 68HC11, Basic Stamp, Arduino Uno, etc.)
Depending on the number of entries, prizes, trophies and certificates will be awarded.
Faculty are encouraged to allow students to count these robots for full or partial credit for all courses, projects or Capstone Projects relating to the students degree program.
Judges will be selected from ITT Faculty, Staff, or from local electronic related businesses. The decisions of all judges will be final.
General Information and Articles:Wikipedia
Sumo Construction, Tips and ArticlesDavid Cook's robot site'
Dave's Sumo Robot
Rand Willock Sumo Building Hints
CompetitionsITT Sumo Tournament (This Page)
Upcoming Events and General Information
Sumo Parts and SuppliersLynxMotion Sumo Kits and Parts
Tournaments, Procedures and Sumo RulesDavid Cook's Robot Room (Rules used for the ITT Contest!)
All Japan Robot-Sumo Tournament
Southern Illisnois University Competition
Japan rules modified for San Francisco Robotics Society